Visitation and Communication
Inmate Visitation is a privilege. Inmates who become disciplinary problems or security risks will not be allowed to receive visitors. Inmates who violate the Inmate Wristband Policy will not receive visitors (other than legal visits). Jail Administration & the Visitor Center Officers reserve the right to deny admission to any person requesting to visit any inmate
Video Visitation Policy
Video Visitation appointments are by web-based scheduling only, and may be scheduled not less than 24 hours to fourteen (14) days in advance. Scheduling is done through the web-based iwebvisit.com, and in person scheduling is completed at the Detention Center visitation kiosk next to the visitation desk. A one time registration is required prior to receiving access to schedule visits. The registration process can be completed at the Charles B. Webster Detention Center visitation kiosk, or via the web-based iwebvisit.com. Visits may be scheduled during any available appointment identified during the scheduling process, and will last up to 30 minutes, at which point the visit will end automatically.
Video Visitation availability is as follows:
a. Visiting hours for general population inmates at the Detention Center will take place as follows:
1. Monday – No visitation
2. Tuesday and Thursday (A-Pod, C-Pod, F-Pod and H-Pod) 9:00am to 2:30pm
3. Wednesday and Friday (B-Pod, E-Pod, G-Pod and Trustee Dorms) 9:00am to 2:30pm
4. Saturday (A-Pod, C-Pod, F-Pod and H-Pod) 9:00am to 12:00pm; (B-Pod, E-Pod, G-Pod and Trustee Dorms) 1:00pm to 4:00pm
5. Sunday – No Visitation
b. Visiting hours for general population for Remote Video Visitation will take place as follow:
1. Monday – Saturday – Remote Visitation (All Pods) 9:00am to 5:00pm; 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
2. Sunday – No visitation
Note: For Remote Video Visitation there will be no more than 12 visits during any 30 minute block for all pods.
c. Inmate Workers will receive three (3) visits per week. Inmate Workers will be allowed to visit during the same hours as the general population but only during times when they are not performing their assigned job duties.
3. Inmate visitation is subject to postponement or cancellation due to jail emergency and administrative reasons. Cancellation notification will be sent via email.
4. No more than one (1) person may visit at a time.
5. All visitors must properly identify themselves upon arriving at the Detention Center visitation area. Picture I.D. is required. Valid Georgia or other state Driver’s License, valid State I.D, valid passport or valid military I.D. are the only identification accepted at the time of the visit.
6. All visitors are monitored and are subject to search and recording.
7. You must check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time. Visitors arriving late will only receive the balance of the remaining visiting time, or may not be allowed to visit, dependent on circumstances.
8. Only those scheduled to visit will be allowed in the video visitation area. Once you leave the video visitation area, you will not be allowed back in.
9. During your visit, you must remain at your visitation booth. Walking around the video visitation area or switching visitation booths is prohibited.
10. Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted into the video visitation area.
11. Proper attire is required at all times. Shoes and shirts must be worn; suggestive clothing, see-through fabrics, halter or tube type tops, tank tops, short shorts and mini-skirts will not be permitted. Appropriate underclothing is also required. Appropriate clothing will be determined by the visitation officer.
12. Visitors under the age of 17 are not allowed.
13. No children under the age of 17 will be permitted in the visitation area.
14. Use of cell phones or any other electronic recording devices is prohibited inside the video visitation area.
15. Smoking, eating and drinking are not permitted in the video visitation area.
16. Loud talking, excessive emotionalism, any type of disruptive or suggestive behavior will not be permitted in the visiting area. Respect other visitors at all times.
17. Do not damage or deface visiting booths or phones. Immediate termination of visit will occur.
18. If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, notify the visitation staff immediately.
Violation of any of the above regulations may result in the immediate cancellation of the visit and/or suspension of future visitation privileges.
Visitors please be aware the dress code for visiting at the facility also applies when engaging in a video visitation remotely.
All correspondences will be monitored and actions will be taken on any and all violations.
Violations may include but not be limited to:
? Any discussions on trafficking of any nature.
? Making any sexual gestures of any kind.
? Any threatening of any nature toward anyone.
? Any improperly dressed (whether it is the visitor or the offender)
? Any discussions concerning unauthorized financial transactions.
? Any discussions or displays involving any Security Threat Group.
? Gambling of any kind.
? Operating a business or any business transactions of any kind.
The Charles B. Webster Detention Center may restrict anyone who violates the above mentioned policies or any other policies that may be incorporated whether it is the visitor, the offender, or both parties.
Suspensions shall be as follows: First Offense: One (1) month suspension Second Offense: Three (3) months suspension Third Offense: Permanent suspension
If you have a question regarding the Visitation Policy, ask the Visitor Center personnel. If these employees are unable to answer your questions, ask to speak with a Shift Supervisor.
VIOLATIONS MAY PRECLUDE VISITATION
It is the policy of the Richmond County Jails that prior misdemeanor arrests for offenses other than minor traffic violations or first offense Disorderly Conduct will preclude a person from visiting at this facility until two years have passed from the original date of arrest. This means that if you have been arrested in Richmond County, Georgia in the last 24 months, you will not be allowed to visit.
The website link for remote visits is https://www.iwebvisit.com/
INMATE MAIL AND PACKAGES
Incoming mail will be opened and inspected. The following items are NOT ACCEPTED THROUGH THE MAIL: Stamps, cash, money orders, checks, correspondence from other detention facilities and greeting cards.
INMATE TELEPHONE SERVICE
Inmates are allowed to use the “collect call” telephone system at this facility. Inmates who are in Disciplinary Segregation are not allowed to make general phone calls. Persons who experience trouble accepting calls from an inmate or have questions about their bills may wish to contact Bealls Communications Group at 877-523-2557.